ATTENTION RACERS: 2012 NHRA RULES UPDATES
The NHRA has published their rules revisions and updates for the 2012 season. All updates are available online at nhraracer.com. Please refer to nhraracer.com or the NHRA Rulebook for a complete listing as well as the details.
Rules of most significance note for sportsman racers include but not limited to;
1. SNELL 2000 helmets are NOW EXPIRED. Racers 13.99 (8.59 - 1/8 mile) and quicker and motorcycle/sled/ATV and Junior Dragster competitors must have a current SNELL or SFI approved helmets. The most common are SNELL, and the 2005 dated helmets are good until 1/1/2017 and 2010 dates helmets are good until 1/1/2022.
2. Super Street competitors must now have a lower engine oil containment device. A belly pan may be used in lieu of a "diaper".
3. Advanced E.T. racers 6.00 - 7.49 ET (3.66-4.49 ET - 1/8 mile) must have a head and neck support device that is dated within 5 years.
4. Window Nets as required, must be within 2 years of certification.
* At the ET Finals all cars running 9.99 & quicker are required to have an NHRA approved engine containment device. (This equals 6.40 1/8 mile ET`s) This is not required at ERP this year but highly recomended for any car and likely will be required in the near future.
|© AMS / Eddyville Raceway Park - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED|